Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service applies to depositing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's study these. In this way, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you wish to establish a blog, email aliases, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various file storage providers, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly erroneous explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between independent stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given vendors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a big number of pictures with buddies or colleagues since the solution is usually free of charge. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your e-mails. Some corporations provide website hosting services for sites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you would like to open an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will allow you to utilize as many video files as you desire without bothering about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At Luna Web Design, for example, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are made for particular web content solely.